Posts Tagged ‘family history stories’
Let’s go back to the family tree chart and family group sheets you completed earlier this week. Based on your interviews with your parents, can you fill in any more information? Do you have more questions you want to ask?
Look at the information you have collected and what you want next and keep moving forward with your research.
Today you are going to interview your mom and write a short story about her. Grab a piece of paper and a pencil and jot down these questions. Some you can just look at your mom and know the answer, but the point of this exercise is to learn to interview relatives and gather information.
- What is your full name?
- What is your maiden name?
- Where were you born? What city and state? What hospital?
- When were you born?
- What are your parents names?
- When were they born? Where?
- What are your siblings names?
- When were your siblings born?
- Who did your siblings marry?
- Are you right or left-handed?
- What is your eye color? Hair color? Do you wear glasses?
- If your parents are married, when and where did they get married?
- What is your job?
- Do you have a nickname?
- Growing up did you live in a house or apartment?
- Write down the date of your interview and the address where you are living. Keeping a log of addresses when you take interviews or find documents can help you locate new information.